Simply said, I love avocados. I honestly don’t remember the first time I tasted one, but I was a young adult. I fell in love with avocados at the first bite. I will eat them right out of the skin, or I add to toast or a salad or a sandwich. I even include avocado in my husband’s weekly breakfast smoothie. Our favorite chocolate pudding has avocado in it, too.
CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PUDDING
- 4 oz dark chocolate (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup of Coconut Milk
- 1 medium ripe Avocado
- 1/4 cup of cold-brew coffee
- Melt the chocolate on the stove-top over low heat until melted.
- Add in the 1/4 cup of strong coffee and mix well.
- Add all ingredients and mix them well, either by hand or in a blender or food processor.
- Pour the pudding into a big bowl or divide up into individual serving bowls!
- Refrigerate and serve cold. Berries can be added, along with whip cream.
For any of you who go to the store to purchase avocados, you know they can be pricey.Lately I have been able to enjoy them as often as I want without worrying about the budget. Why? Because the house we are renting has an avocado tree in the yard and we are able to pick as many avocados as we want—for FREE. And free food is some of the best food!
Shown above are about a dozen avocados picked Thursday, which makes the comment below so appropriate.
I don’t remember where I found this cute and accurate saying, but it made me smile at the truth behind it.
Due to the drought in our area, the avocados aren’t as large as last year’s harvest. The watermelon and garlic were not free, but were purchased from local produce truck.
(This post was originally a Frugal Friday post; it was edited to include recipe for pudding, also.)