Popcorn is such a great snack to enjoy. And it is so easy to make at home.
Less than five years ago my husband purchased an on-the-stove-top popper for us to use, replacing the air popper I had used prior. It is so easy to use. (I haven’t used microwave popcorn in a long, long time as I find this to be so much tastier —- and it is so much healthier!)
Here is how I make a batch of popcorn:
- Put 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil in the bottom of the popcorn popper.
- Place on medium heat and add three kernels of popcorn.
- Heat until the three kernels pop.
- Add 1/2 cup of popcorn and 2 tablespoons butter to the popper.
- Allow to sit about thirty seconds and then start turning handle/crank.
- Continue turning handle/crank until popcorn stops popping and remove from heat.
- Pour into bowl and top with salt and any other seasonings you like.
Clean up is a breeze with warm water, a little dish soap and a sponge or dishcloth before allowing to air dry.
We use the Jiffy brand white popcorn that is available in most stores; I get mine for around $2 a bag for 2 pounds at Walmart. It is gluten free and non-GMO! You can read about it here: http://www.jollytime.com/popcorn-products/kernels/white-unpopped-kernels
If you think you might be interested in the same on the stove top popper I use that is shown above, you can view it here: http://amzn.to/2iPSPrB
Here’s to celebrating this national day with some yummy popcorn!
This content uses referral links. Read our disclosure policy for more info.