Try a little kindness — Make someone’s day a little better
Life can be full of ups and downs for most people. As we interact with friends and family on a daily basis, we need to remember that a little kindness towards one another goes a long way. Just taking the time to acknowledge people by little acts of kindness can make a difference in someone’s attitude.
How can we do that?
- Hold a door open for someone before you go thru it.
- Pick up a piece of trash off the ground and throw it away.
- Share a smile with someone, whether you know them or now!
- When you receive service from someone, sincerely thank them.
- Acknowledge good deeds when you see them.
- Honestly compliment someone on something that you notice.
I was taught as a child the golden rule which says:
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
I think those words sum up how to treat people today on World Kindness Day, but also on EVERYday!
What can you do to show kindness today?